Summer Internships at Baldwin
Are you, or someone you know, looking for a challenging, urban internship experience – one that will offer you the chance to closely confront the reality of poverty as it affects the people of the Pontiac community? The Baldwin Center is seeking six summer interns who will work alongside its staff and volunteers to feed, clothe, educate, and empower the disadvantaged of Pontiac.
Summer internship experiences at the Baldwin Center expose college students to the reality of being poor in today’s world. Interns will work in one of six administrative or program areas, gaining practical experience at addressing poverty and improving people’s lives. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, qualifications or writing sample, and references to Alex Plum at 248.332.6101 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One intern each will be placed in the six focus areas for the 2012 Baldwin internship class. Each internship is part-time (minimum of 10-15 hours per week) and is unpaid. Depending on your school’s criteria, interns may earn college credit for their program. The duration of each internship will be mutually decided by the successful candidate and the executive director.
• Communications and Marketing – design and implement a marketing plan to increase community awareness of the Baldwin Center
• Volunteer Management – Optimize volunteer tracking tool and develop strategy for volunteer appreciation, assessment, and promotion.
• Project Management – Coordinate summer volunteer projects and develop/implement a project to address a critical need at Baldwin Center.
• Youth Services – Assist in leadership and facilitation of summer enrichment camp for kids from an urban neighborhood in grades K-8.
• Fund Development – Assist in the creation of a long-term strategy for increasing Baldwin Center’s fund development capacity; identify potential grant sources.
• Gardening – Assist in management of three urban gardens; coordinate and schedule volunteers and interface with community partners to deepen and expand relationships.
For a more detailed explanation of the available internships, please visit here, or contact Alex Plum at 248.332.6101 or via email at email@example.com.